Monday, September 20, 2010

Girls on the Run - 5K Race June 2010


Today was the day of our 1st 5k race! Ash finished her 12 week course and 5k training with Girls on the Run. I am one PROUD MAMA!!! She is an amazing young women!!!

My friend Ashlyn ran with my Ashlyn "TEAM ASH". My friend Paige volunteered to run as a running buddy, thanks Paige. My running buddy showed up with her mom so my boy Austin was my running buddy for the race!

Austin surprised me today by running the whole 5k race! I thought I was going to have to do a lot of encouraging to help him finish the race! Was I wrong!!! He ended up encouraging me! He would say . . . mom is that all you got? Mom you got to pick up the pace! When he saw that I was struggling a wee bit at the end of the race he started saying . . . come on mom I know that you can do it, just a little further! Mom I know you have it in you to finish!!! Thanks Aust for showing your mom patience and encouragement. He was so DARN cute . . . I love that boy!

"TEAM ASH" finished in record time and they weren't even breathing hard!!! My hero's!!!

Me, Ashlyn, little Ash, Paige and Austin

TEAM ASH on the RUN

My Runny Buddy Austy Boy

Grandpa and Grandma Harris even joined in on the fun!

No comments: