Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dad & Moms 40th Anniversary Celebration

 
January 31, 2009 40 years of Marital Bliss! 
We had a lot of fun planning this event for my parents! Mom and Dad were reminded of the good old days 1969 . . .  
Jason presented them with facts like the price of a home $8,389.00, gas .35 cents, new car $3,200, stamps .06 cents. Some other facts Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, The Beatles released the album Abby Road, Sesame Street was in it's first year, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Funny Girl were movies that hit theaters in '69.
 Troy renewed their vows for the next 40 years and we all had a lot of laughs. Grandma and Grandpa Buz were able to join us. Grandma Buz even found some of their wedding pictures. It was so fun to go down memory lane.
Boy, 1969 seems like such a long time ago and so much has changed. Oh wait . .   I was born in '69 maybe it wasn't so long ago! One thing I can count on every year when my parents celebrate an anniversary 10 months later I celebrate another birthday! The big one (as Ashlyn calls it) is coming up and I'm not sure how I feel about turning 40 (this can't really be happening can it?)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: